Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Construction in Progress

Finally have someone to come out and start construction to finish out our back room.  It was initially our big back porch but our kids decided they had no place to stay when they come so we closed it in.  With the house being a metal barn, it's like an Easy Bake Oven out there with no insulation. 
The floor is painted concrete but when these guys finish their work, I'm going to paint the floor a different color..right now it's almost a minty green.  Not good... Once all the insulation is up, the sheetrockers come in.  Then the trim man will come back in and finish up.  I'll be doing the painting and staining.  I'm so ready for all this!

This end will be my sewing corner.  If you look closely, you can see the chicken house out the window and Prairie Barbie standing there (to the far right).  I can't wait to be able to sew while watching chickens and horses!
I'll keep ya updated on the progress.
Happy Trails...
Berte

10 comments:

  1. wow! that's a huge big room addition! you're gonna love having all that living space - and great windows, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's going to look so nice, Berte. I know your kids will enjoy having a place to stay. AND it looks like y'all can close that space off if you're not using it, too, and save a little on electric. I'll bet you'll be spending lots of time watching your chickies out that window! But, and this is creepy, Prairie Barbie is going to be watching YOU, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific sewing area you are going to have! I secretly have dibs on my boys room when he moves away from home,lol! It has lots of window and I can see the goats from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you will love having this completed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I look forward to seeing it progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a nice big room, im sure when kids come thy fill it up. Extra space is always nice. Im with ya on the watching the critters from the window, i love my back door for that purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. now that is so exciting...we have concrete floors also painted...I really like them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What a great space. We often think about closing in our patio, but it isn't nearly that arge!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having that space "finished" will really be nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOOOOO that looks like a great spot!! Watching the chickens ad horses will be wonderful there! I'm not much of a sewer, but I like to knit! Anyways whatever you do in there will be great. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you if you feel like commenting. This is a Word Verification Free blog.
Have a blessed day...