Saturday, July 21, 2012

Church arena

This is Sarah Ray...if you remember, she's the dog we "inherited" last summer when Buddy's friend from church passed away.  No one can pet her...not even her previous owner.  But, lately, she can't seem to get close enough to me.  There are even times when she lets me reach down and pet her.  I was going to ask ya'll for suggestions on what to feed her but I found something this evening that she will eat.  She is rapidly losing weight.  I have no idea how old she is...we're guessing around 12.  I've been fixing her "people" food and she was turning up her nose at it.. fresh scrambled eggs with ham...nope!  So, I finally found something...moist and meaty with canned dog food...bacon flavored!  We knew she loved bacon and popcorn...oh, boy, does this dog love popcorn!!

As some of you already know, Buddy is the pastor of the cowboy church that we planted.  Our church is focused around bringing lost cowboys to Christ so to do that, we need an arena to put on horse events.  I went yesterday and bought a couple loads of cedar posts to support the arena panels..
Today was a work day at church to put up the arena..this is exciting!!!
The local sheriff was generous enough to bring out some trustees from the jail to help get the arena up.  I can't wait to show ya'll more pictures of it in progress and then some of events!!! I can't wait!
Happy Trails...
Berte

13 comments:

  1. that's really neat.

    what a sweet, poor pup! i hope she starts to eat up and put on weight! bless her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Sarah Ray comes around and improves. Sounds like she really loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you inherited Sarah Ray--I was and am so thankful she found her way to you! I know how picky dogs can be about eating, some really do eat to live, others live to eat. I'm glad you'll find something she likes! Just a suggestion to keep in mind that you may not have tried, is a little strong parmesan cheese. I've gotten the pickiest of eaters to eat with that.

    What a blessing and difference you are making for the cowboys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sarah's two toned face,she is a pretty girl and lucky to have you all. Your own arena,how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you figured out what Sarah Ray likes, and I'm super glad she's coming around. She looks weary to me. Some just take longer to come around than others!

    Congrats on your good work! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to let you know I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog and The Very Inspiring Blog Awards! Stop by my blog to accept in the comments and pass this along!

    http://littlehomesteadonthehill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanksf or the reminder of Sarah Ray, I remember her! I hope she gains some weight, and good luck with your arena project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad about the dog. Poor little thing probably confused. I'm glad to hear that she now is eating! I mean who doesn't like bacon and popcorn!? Maybe not together, but I love them both too!!
    Looking forward to hearing more about your corral for the cowboy church!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know they still wore stripes! Guess they're easy to spot. :D How exciting to have such a ministry. Not the same old same ol'.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet of you to have taken her in. The arena project sounds exciting, can't wait to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does the dog need to be wormed. Nemex from any farm store would be a start if she has worms. Also if you can mix raw eggs in her food..protein..she needs carbs & protein. You can mix the nemex in her food too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with Sarah Ray. Sometimes dogs lose weight and won't eat because of worms. You might get some dewormer from your vet. Blessings to you and Buddy and for the work you are doing with your church!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My old dog Country is 17. I've been pressure cooking chicken quarters for her.

    Also, Hill Science AD is good for animals that don't have an appetite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you if you feel like commenting. This is a Word Verification Free blog.
Have a blessed day...