Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Turkey Poults

I've been on the "waiting list" for my little turkey poults.  Well, the day finally came...they were hatched out on Sunday and I picked them up last night.  These are the Heritage variety -Bourbon Reds.
This is what they'll look like when they grow up...depending if they are male or female.  I tried sexing these little guys but they were all just alike...probably, my luck, they'll all end up being toms.  I was easily able to determine the sex of his chicks but not these turkeys.  Time will tell.
This is a first for me having turkeys.  I might be calling on you turkey owners out there for some assistance.  I am so impressed with these guys.
Happy Trails...
Berte

13 comments:

  1. I raised Bourbon Reds for a couple years,I loved them ! They are just beautiful..and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i wanna raise some turkeys this year!!!! trying not to be envious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are cute, whatever they are!!! I'll look forward to watching them grow!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babies are so sweet! We tried to raise 3 turkeys a couple of years ago but they got too big too fast. They ended up pets because I didn't do my homework as far as knowing when to butcher them so they got too tough! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy day!! You have your birds. That picture of the tom is very impressive. He is gorgeous. You must keep up with the photos so we can see them grow.

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet... I've never owned a turkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Congrats on the little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, they're awfully cute, Berte! They all sorta look like chicken chicks, don't they? You gonna smoke 'em up at Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun! I can't wait to read about your upcoming new adventures with raising turkeys!

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would so love to have turkeys, I hear they are friendly as can be.

    The ones you selected are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had one turkey once (a tom) who my son named Thanksgiving dinner...He was so mean I didn't mind making him for dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you if you feel like commenting. This is a Word Verification Free blog.
Have a blessed day...