Saturday, April 7, 2012

It's Been A Long Week

Jasper looks the way I feel. It's been a long exhausting week. After two funerals, last night's 50th wedding anniversary party was a welcome celebration. We thought we had the "groom" fooled with a surprise party, but the joke was on us when we found out last night that he was going around town yesterday morning reminding folks to come to his party. Regardless, it turned out great!
Isn't this a sad little chicken house? It's so empty and lonely. Soon it will be moved to another location in the yard with new fencing. I'm eager to get it done and get some new biddies ordered. I miss my chickens. If I can find some healthly young pullets, I'll go ahead and get them too so I can have some eggs sooner than 6 months.
I've got so many projects on my to-do list. One thing is getting rain barrels in place. Ha! By the time I get them up and ready, it'll be drought time again! If anyone has any excellent ideas or rain barrels that work for them, I'd love to hear from you.
I pray that everyone has a very blessed Easter.
Happy Trails,
Berte

1 comment:

  1. Hey - that's a cute chicken house. You can really have alot of chickens with a house that big, berte - I just got my first set of chickens and I'm so excited! I was able to find a lady here that had pullets from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 mos old. I wanted older ones, too. Hope you find some soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you if you feel like commenting. This is a Word Verification Free blog.
Have a blessed day...