Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Good Morning, Sunshine!

After a day of storms, especially up in the Dallas area, the sunshine is so welcome. We didn't get near the storms here that were expected. My daughter, on the other hand, was so very close to the tornados in Arlington. The youngest was in a building across the street from St. Barnabas Methodist Church which was hit by the tornado. Pretty scary. My daughter was in a storm shelter while all three girls were in different locations. All she could do was pray for their safety. God is good. No one was killed during these storms. There was a lot of damage to homes and trees. The storm path literally was around the corner from her home. She was finally able to call and tell me everyone was safe. After it was all over, she said she was uplifted seeing everyone out helping those whose homes were damaged and cleaning up downed trees. She said trees that were three feet in diameter were literally plucked out of the ground, roots and all.
We sat last night in the dark for only a few minutes. But the light from the lantern was so nice, we left it on for a while. The lightning was so bad, the lantern light was very calming.
This morning, as I sit and write, the skies have already become overcast. Hopefully, the sun will come back out and stay. It's gonna be a beautiful day.
Happy Trails,
Berte

7 comments:

  1. How well I remember the violent and unpredictable Texas weather. Thank God no one was killed---it is a miracle. I suppose today is a gentle dove-like weather. Welcome to the Lone Star State!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grateful no loss of life. so much damage. thankfully not our place. feel very fortunate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time to meet you. I found you through Mr. Lick-Lick. I am a Tuscaloosa Ala. Bathtub surviver (4-27-11) So glad to know that you and yours are safe. Love your site please try and write more... Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about Texas this morning after all the storms yesterday..glad to hear you escaped damage. Happy Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad all are safe, truly answers to prayers!!

    Enjoy your Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Berte - Yes, I'm glad no one was hurt or killed, too. My sister was in the basement in her office building, and my niece was out driving right into the storm - didn't watch the weather. She barely made it back to her office safely before it hit. It's that time of year again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you if you feel like commenting. This is a Word Verification Free blog.
Have a blessed day...