Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dear Journal...

Where do I begin? I traveled to Dallas on Monday to be here for the birth of my seventh grandchild. Words cannot express how God has blessed me. We were patiently but anxiously waiting the arrival of Theresa's third daughter. Theresa's actual due date was Jan 31 but for reasons I won't go into, it was decided for her to be induced. Theresa picked the 29th to be the day. Her doctor thought otherwise and asked if the 26th would be a good day. Theresa mulled it over in her head and decided the 26th would be a great day to have her baby. You see, Jan 26th marked the 20th anniversary of her father's murder. That is a whole 'nother story that does not need detail. It has just been a sad day remembered in my children's lives.
Anyway, Theresa has been having some hard regular contractions for several weeks at night and has considered heading to the hospital on different occasions but they soon subside. All preparations have been made and everything is ready. I, for one, did not think she would make it to the 26th. But the night of the 25th arrives and no typical 11 o'clock hour contractions...hhhmmm... She gets up the morning of the 26th with cramping and some regular contractions. Off to the hospital we go...it seems that scheduled induction or not, God has chosen January 26 to be the birthday of Baby Leighton. You cannot imagine how it made my heart sing when Theresa held her baby, crying and repeating "this is now a good day".
To God alone be all the glory...

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new granddaughter...so glad January 26th will now be a good day for you all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's richest blessings to Theresa and you all. Where are the pictures Nana?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berte, CONGRATULATIONS (!!) on the
    precious addition to your family, and the start to new wonderful and joyful memories for a day that once held none of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a healthy baby! You're the second friend I've had this week to be blessed in this fashion. I may someday experience that. I'm willing to wait awhile:)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful story,it brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations on the new grand-baby and the new good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Thought I was gonna cry. Funny how babies seem to make things all better. Sure, the old memories don't go away, but a baby can always somehow bring light to the darkest corners of our lives. Congratulations to you, Theresa, and your family Sweetie. I hope you enjoy the new Texan.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Grandma! So sorry to hear of the sad story, but what a wonderful day to remember now. blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to all your family, Berte! God bless the new little one and may she bring much happiness to January 26 now and forever more! The Lord had His own timetable in mind, didn't He? He works in mysterious ways...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good grief...brought tears to my eyes too! Yes GOD is good to us...I am glad for all of you, for a new "Little Hand Held" as my husband & I like to call them. Nothing in the world like them!

    I am also glad that on the 26th there is a new memory for all of yall! GLORY TO HIM!!! Praise to HIS NAME for HE is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That did bring tears to my eyes, I congratulate you & your family on the not only the birth of a new baby but alsoa whole new memory of that day.

    God Bless,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful. I tried to come up with words to say here that would mean something very deep. But, all I could come up with was "How wonderful."

    Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so wonderful, Berte! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate to admit it, but I had to choke back tears and hold my tongue from shouting out loud Hallelujah!! (The music didn't help).. Remembering working in the wards...a tear fell with each birth I witnessed...What a joyful day for you to remember.
    ...Ginny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you if you feel like commenting. This is a Word Verification Free blog.
Have a blessed day...