Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter yesterday and got to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. With both our trucks loaded up and ready to pull out, our alarms went off yesterday morning at 4am to head out for sunrise service. And it was beautiful. Unfortunately, the morning was so busy, I forgot to take pictures of the first service. Buddy brought a wonderful message and it was a great service out at the rodeo arena. Then we loaded it all up and went down the road to the auction barn where we had a chuckwagon breakfast and 10:30 service. Oh my goodness...there's nothing like coffee cooked over a fire. With all the burn bans and area fires, the fire department allowed us to go ahead with the cookout as long as we had barriers put up. It worked. And the food... there aren't words to describe...we had breakfast tacos and sausage gravy over biscuits. yum, yum....






Check out the size of that skillet! When it's empty, I can't pick it up!














Our dear friends came and cooked for us. Don't ya love it?




We had a great time and lots of new folks came out for both services. God has blessed our church richly!




After second service, it was home again and, I have to admit, I came home and crawled in bed for a couple hours of z's. Then it was cookout time again at home ..homemade elk sausage and potato salad. What a great day!


Happy Trails...


Berte

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a very full (and filling) day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of fun! I have to agree, food cooked over the open fire taste soooo much better. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Berte - Happy EAster! Looks like ya'll had a wonderful SONrise service yesterday! Wish I could've been there for that wonderful breakfast - I love your friends that came and cooked TEXAS style! We're dry as as bone up here, too. I know how dry your area can get, too, my friend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying for rain in the next couple of days. Best chance we've had in awhile. TAke care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had such an enjoyable Easter!! Ours was nice too, just quiet. I noticed your post about the water. We have had so much rain here, but I'm worried about the summer being dry since the weather is so crazy already this year...

    I hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! All that yummy food first thing in the morning. Great friends, too and a beautiful service. Sounds like y'all had a wonderful Easter. Yay!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you if you feel like commenting. This is a Word Verification Free blog.
Have a blessed day...