Monday, May 12, 2008

It's a Slow Process











It's been almost a month since my last post but we're slowly making headway. It seems like every time we seem to get ahead a little bit, here comes more rain which creates more delays. Buddy had 13 loads of dirt hauled in to work on the road and put in low spots but he hasn't been able to get in there with the dozer because of the rain. We hooked up the water from the well to the RV but have water coming out a pipe under the kitchen to the ground so now Buddy has to figure out how it was winterized...either a valve is shut/open or a plug is missing...always something. Not only am I anxious to get the water running in there to use the toilet but I want to get it cleaned up so we can stay out there.


I have to share with everyone what we found under the kitchen sink.
I was looking at this snakeskin and realized it's two! These two lovely darlings were in my kitchen doing their thing! How rude!



While sitting outside enjoying the day, I noticed this little creature making it's way on the picnic table. I have no clue what it is but, not only am I not a photographer but I'm not an entomologist. I wish you could see how perfectly knit together this caterpiller? is. It's like the wrapping is braided around it. Amazing. And it had this one horn protruding on top like a unicorn.
Between working and traveling to grandchildren's birthdays, we're continuing to get the house in town ready to put on the market. All the rooms are empty except for very little in our bedroom and everything else piled in the den. With high gas costs, we're utilizing every trip to the orchard to haul a load out there. It's dwindling. God willing, tomorrow will be another day to get a lot accomplished.
In the meantime..
Happy trails...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you if you feel like commenting. This is a Word Verification Free blog.
Have a blessed day...