Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Day in the Warm Sunshine

Our little chicks are two weeks old and growing so fast. The black ones are developing slower than the others but are just as active and healthy. The weather here is predictably unpredictable - hot one day and cold the next. The chicks are still in their brooders at night but we couldn't resist coming up with something for them to get out in the sun. While heading out the gate to the lumber store to build them a run, Buddy had a brilliant idea of converting the dog kennel into a day playpen for them until their house is ready, which should be no later than two weeks. So we stayed out til dark:30 finishing it up so they could go out today. I put them in there after it warmed up a bit and I wish I had a video of them. They were happy to try out their wings..I had little chicks going every direction.

Now, here comes the kicker....I have to round them all up tonight to put them back in the barn in their brooders. That's going to be a sight! Keep in mind, I cannot stand up in there..it's only 4 ft tall. This should be interesting...
Happy Trails...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you if you feel like commenting. This is a Word Verification Free blog.
Have a blessed day...