Monday, August 4, 2008

Going to Bed with the Sun


I have spent many an evening here watching the sunset but this was the first one that I didn't drive away from. We spent our first night here Saturday night and, to me, it was heavenly. I woke up Sunday morning and had my coffee outside with all of God's wonderful glory. Then it was a dash to town for church. Next Sunday I will have a better idea of how long it takes me to get to church; usually we are the first ones there but this time, we made it exactly on time. It was great to be able to come home to the orchard.

It has been around 104 here and too hot to do anything outside. We have even started haying the horses because there is no grass left. Saturday's project was going to get hay. Looks like we'll be getting a lot more soon to store up for the winter because not sure if anyone's going to get a second cutting this year. We had a fantastic chance for rain last night but not a drop. Buddy and I were watching this huge blob of rain on the doppler and felt for sure that it was going to rain. We sat outside with the wind stirring up and finally gave up and came inside. It all ended with a big clap of lightning and thunder but no rain. So we wait....tomorrow there's another big chance.

Remember when I talked about having that huge "lake" after all the rain we had last spring? Jacob was out on one of his adventures over at the now dried up lake and came back with a pocketfull of these beautiful little onions. They are so clean and shiny, they look like little pearls and smell so good. I've never seen anything like these? I would love input from anyone that might know anything about them.

Today brings another day of moving more stuff from the house out to the orchard. We've been "in between" and my kitchen has not been complete. I think I'm the only one enjoying roughing it. We get only one channel on the TV and, trust me, it's nothing worth watching. I'm loving being able to go outside and go for walks. My mind is whirling thinking of all that I need to do and want to do. In the meantime,

Happy Trails...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you if you feel like commenting. This is a Word Verification Free blog.
Have a blessed day...